More fantasy food from Trailing Sleeves! So we were inspired by Kingdom Hearts to try our own sea salt ice cream. Here is the tasty and simple (non-custard style) recipe we used. Recommended!
1 cup milk
¾ cup sugar
1 ¾ cups heavy cream
2 tsp. vanilla
¼ to ¾ tsp. sea salt
A few drops blue and green food coloring
- Combine milk and sugar in a medium bowl. Mix using a hand mixer at medium speed, for about 1 minute, until sugar is dissolved.
- Sir in heavy cream and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in a few drops of blue and green food coloring, to achieve desired color.
- Add salt, to desired taste (I used ½ tsp, and thought it was perfect).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour (or place in freezer for 15 minutes).
- When mixture is chilled, remove from refrigerator and pour into an ice cream maker.
hello fellow Bloggers
Trailing Sleeves, a food blog, has created a recipe for sea salt ice cream inspired by the popular video game Kingdom Hearts. The recipe is simple and non-custard style, featuring ingredients such as milk, sugar, vanilla, sea salt, and food coloring. The milk and sugar are combined in a bowl and mixed until the sugar is dissolved. Heavy cream and vanilla are then added, followed by blue and green food coloring to achieve the desired color. Sea salt is added to taste, and the mixture is covered and refrigerated for an hour. Once chilled, the mixture is poured into an ice cream maker and churned until it reaches a soft-serve consistency. The resulting ice cream has a sweet and slightly salty flavor, similar to the sea salt ice cream featured in Kingdom Hearts. Trailing Sleeves encourages readers to try the recipe and enjoy their own fantasy food creations.
Thanks – PomKing